- Placement reflects completeness of vision and ability to execute
Dell today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms (February 2016).[i]
Gartner Magic Quadrants assess vendors on their ability to execute and the completeness of their vision. Gartner states, “Leaders are vendors with a strong track record in the market. They are also likely to influence the market’s growth and direction. Leaders are suitable vendors for most organisations to evaluate. They should not be the only vendors evaluated, but at least two are likely to be included in the typical shortlist of five to eight vendors.”
With a 30-year track record, and millions of users worldwide ranging from experienced statisticians to citizen data scientists, Dell Statistica delivers a full range of data blending, data discovery, and advanced and predictive analytics tools such as machine learning and artificial intelligence. It enables organisations to tap into all data types to predict future trends, optimise business and manufacturing processes, identify new customers and sales opportunities, explore “what-if” scenarios, and reduce the occurrence of fraud and other business risks.
Statistica is an easy-to-use solution that requires no coding and integrates seamlessly with R. It helps simplify the process by which organisations deploy predictive models directly to data sources at the edge, inside the firewall, in the cloud, and in partner ecosystems.
“Advanced analytics has become the gateway to all forms of innovation and competitive advantage in today’s data-driven world,” said John K. Thompson, general manager, Dell Statistica. “Modern advanced analytics capabilities, such as the ones delivered in Dell Statistica, help companies uncover valuable insight into future trends, and enable the optimisation and validation of critical business and manufacturing processes. The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms is an important and objective tool that organisations can use to help evaluate the advanced analytics capabilities of vendors worldwide. Dell is honored to be positioned in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant in the newest Gartner Magic Quadrant.”
Version 13 of Dell Statistica features a host of new capabilities, including:
- A completely revamped and modernised GUI for greater ease-of-use and visual appeal
- Deeper integration with the recently added Statistica Interactive Visualisation and Dashboard engine for more effective communication to data consumers
- Tighter integration with open source R for easier sharing and control of R scripts
- A new stepwise model tool that progressively recommends optimum models for users
- New Native Distributed Analytics Architecture (NDAA) capabilities that allow users to run analytics directly in the database where data lives and work more efficiently with large and growing data sets and emerging IoT infrastructures
[i] Source: Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms,” February 2016