|HE Eng. Cesar Abi Khalil, Lebanon’s Minister of Energy and Water has been confirmed as the leading speaker on the programme at the 3rd Lebanon International Oil & Gas (LIOG) Summit 2017.
The two-day event will take place 9-10th May 2017 at the Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand, Lebanon, held under the auspices of the Ministry of Energy and Water, Lebanon and in collaboration with the Lebanese Petroleum Administration (LPA).
Joining the minister will be further industry leaders and key stakeholders involved in the Lebanese and East Mediterranean energy sectors, including;
- Mr. WissamChbat, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Head of Geology and Geophysics Department – Lebanese Petroleum Administration (LPA)
- Mr. Walid Nasr, Head of the Strategic Planning Department – Lebanese Petroleum Administration (LPA)
- Mr. WissamZahabi, Head of Economic and Financial Department – Lebanese Petroleum Administration (LPA)
- Mr. Marwan Moufarrej, Senior Advisor to the Chairman and CEO, Schlumberger Limited
- Mr. Michel Charon, Oil and Gas Market Director, Bureau Veritas – France
- Mr. Georges Mosditchian, Europe and Central Asia Manager, Evolen – France
- Dr. Elie Daher, EVP & CMO, United Safety, Dubai, UAE
- Mr. Marcel Hochar, Middle East VP, Industry and Facilities, Bureau Veritas
- Dr. Leila Dagher, Chair, Economics Department – Associate Professor of Economics – American University of Beirut (AUB)
- Me MalekTakieddine, Partner – Al Jad LLP (CMS Group)
- Mr. Nick Nawfal, Vice President for Integrated Operation for the Eastern Hemisphere, Vice President – Marketing and Sales for the Middle East Asia Pacific Region, Baker Hughes
- Me NiaziKabalan, Senior Associate, Pinsent Masons LLP – UK
- Mr. Ricardo Khoury, Managing Partner / Head of HSE Division at ELARD Consultancy Group
- Mr. RachadGhanem, General Manager – Lampion Oil and Gas Services (LOGS)
- Mr. Simon Ward, V.P. Business Development, Upstream Oil and Gas, TH Hill – USA
- Mr. GeirYtreland, Team Leader, GFA – Germany
Held under the theme ‘Lebanon – Moving Forward,’ speakers will cover three main areas during the summit’s programme including;
- Lebanon’s current position within the East Mediterranean petroleum sector–Exploring the regional petroleum developments in the Levant region. Here, speakers will present all the major achievements by Lebanon, particularly in terms of developing legal, financial and technical frameworks in preparation for the launch of the sector. It will also show the new potential of the country, in the light of the latest geophysical surveys and future challenges
- International market conditions, and regional geopolitics, their impact on Lebanon–Exploring how the downturn in the international oil and gas markets and regional geopolitics affected the development of hydrocarbon resources in the East Mediterranean region, including Lebanon
- Re-instating Lebanon as an attractive destination for oil and gas investments – This part of the conference will be the crème of the event. It will objectively look at all the factors that can make Lebanon an attractive place for investors. It will also discuss thestrategy to support the development of the sector
Paul Gilbert, Event Director, Lebanon International Oil & Gas Summit explained; “Through a series of ministerial and industry panel sessions and topical presentations, LIOG 2017’s first class programme will highlight the recent progress by Lebanon’s government to advance its vast oil and gas potential after developing highly advanced world-class regulatory and operational frameworks for this nascent industry.”
He added; “Speakers will be drawn from government and industry leaders, combined with global experts attracting an audience of executives from government institutions, international operators, international and domestic service companies, banks, consultants, lawyers and all stakeholders with an interest in Lebanon’s exciting oil and gas industry.”
LIOG 2017 will also boast an international exhibition, showcasing the latest products and services available by local, regional and international companies and organisations.
To download the Lebanon International Oil & Gas Summit 2017 programme or to find out more about the event, please visit www.liog-summit.com.
Notes to Editor
To learn more about the event, how to participate and other details on the programme, participating delegates, speakers and sponsors, please visit: www.liog-summit.com.
To confirm interviews and appointments please contact Aimee Thompsett firstname.lastname@example.org + +44 1737 784956
The 3rd LIOG-2017 Summit is organised by UK-based Global Events Partners Ltd (GEP) and Lebanese partner, Planners and Partners sal. Global Event Partners Ltd is affiliated to the dmg::events network.
dmg::events are the organisers of world renowned oil and gas events including Gastech, ADIPEC, the Global Petroleum Show and the World Heavy Oil Congress and are a subsidiary of the Daily Mail and General Trust plc, one of the largest media companies in the UK.