- This event has passed.
3rd Edition Capital Raising Instruments under TLAC and MREL
November 14, 2016 - November 15, 2016
Practical insight into the latest requirements of TLAC, MREL, and other reforms in regulatory capital
As a consequence of the 2008 financial crisis, the implementation of TLAC and MREL will significantly alter the capital structure of banks in order to ensure financial market stability. Banks will have to become educated on the risks and characteristics of new capital raising instruments, as well as be aware of the limitations provided by the interpretation of these regulations by different regional regulators. In addition to this, the potential effect to European market liquidity and investor business strategies will be great concern. This marcus evans event will provide further clarification and transparency on these loss-absorbency regulations, and investigate the impact to future capital raising.
- Compare TLAC and MREL requirements and identify up and coming deadlines
- Discover practical examples of how the new instruments work, including discussion of subordinate rules from country to country
- Assess the challenges and trends seen in the investor base for these new instruments
- Learn how the TLAC and MREL reforms fit in the broader context of regulatory capital reforms
Practical Insights from:
- Emil Petrov, Head of Capital Structuring, Nomura
- Glenn Leighton, Managing Director, Head of Capital Solutions, Lloyds Banking Group
- Samir Dhanani, Director of Capital Structuring, Credit Suisse
- Luis Enrique Rodriguez, Head of Fixed Income Capital Structuring, BBVA
- Arnaud Mezrahi, Director Co-Head of Hybrid Structuring, Societe Generale
- Christoph Hittmair, Managing Director, Head of European FIG DCM, HSBC